Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Wide Shots & Montage


I guess one of my favourite photography is taking wide shots and most of the time people enjoy the scenic views when they go on vacation but taking the photos may turn out differently. I took the above photos largely from Angkor Wat and the bottom photo is a wide shot of Tanjung Rhu, Langkawi. The 3rd photo from the top is taken from Banteay Srei, Cambodia and it's considered as one of the smaller 10th century hindu influenced temple with intricate craftmanship. It was built mostly in red sandstone and to really enjoy it is to visit Banteay Srei right before sunrise.

The red sanstone and the many carvings of devatas truly shines once the first morning light hits and washes the walls. At first my friend did told me to prepare for Banteay Srei in the early morning when we were still doing our case studies before even we book the tickets to Cambodia. I was thinking to myself why would we want to get up in the early morning before sunrise just to view this site? Aren't we suppose to relax and view the sites in Angkor Wat at our own pace? But now, after witnessing it, I gotta say Banteay Srei looks perfect during sunrise.

Well, it's quite true also in photography that sunrise is the perfect timing to take photos whether if it's an outdoor setting, scenic view or family outing. This is because the natural color saturation are higher and you don't really rely much on various settings in your DSLR to achieve a good picture.

0 comments: